The Rogers Family

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday!

It's Super Bowl Sunday, today ... WooHoo! Kendall's first Super Bowl ... the Indianapolis Colts vs. the New Orleans Saints ... in Super Bowl 44 ... and the 3 of us were tuned in to CBS to watch and cheer on Peyton Manning and the Colts!

I really do love sports (which is not true of most wives, I guess) ... well, most sports, that is (not wrestling, if you call that a sport ... and there are a few other sports that I don't care for) ... however, I'm terrible at playing sports! But I love watching most sports and cheering on the players and I especially love winning! (I'm really not a very good loser, which is why Upwards Sports (the program that Ashley coaches in) is really good for me ... it forces me to stay focused on what's truly important for the kids ... you know the coach's wife can't be a sore loser over on the sidelines ... ha!)

Anyway, I love football (not to the extent of my husband's LOVE for football ... he's played most sports his entire life and is very athletic and is good at pretty much anything!) ... but I really enjoy watching NFL football on Sunday afternoons, Sunday nights, Monday nights (and Thursday & Saturday afternoons/nights, when it's on) (and multitasking while the games are on), learning things about the players (I LOVE the heartfelt stories ... my favorite part!) and even have my own Fantasy Football team in our family's Fantasy Football League ... I usually do pretty well each year (coming in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place at worst) and have even WON the championship one year!

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan ... have been since the 90's when Troy Aikman was the quarterback and they won the Super Bowl a couple of times ... we've had several frustrating seasons for a few years now ... which is why Fantasy Football is so cool ... with FF, you pick players from different teams to make up your own team, so you get a chance to cheer for lots of other players that you probably wouldn't even know otherwise ... and that is how I came to love watching Peyton Manning (the quarterback for the Colts)! I started liking him before he had won his first Super Bowl ... so it's been a while, now. He is ALWAYS my First Draft pick EVERY year for my Fantasy Football team ... he does not disappoint, you can count on that! I love that he is just the picture of an all-American guy (to me), he's classy, well-spoken, doesn't create drama for himself or his team, doesn't get into trouble, has a family history of football, has amazing talent & passion for the game and has hilarious tv commericals ... and I love the Colts' coaches and how many of them are Christians ... I think it's awesome! I love the heartfelt stories ... they always get me!

I cheer for the Cowboys first, and then the Colts as a close second! When the Cowboys did not make it to the Super Bowl this year and the Colts did, it was obvious who I'd be cheering for during the Super Bowl, no matter who the Colts played against!

I turned in my Cowboys Star for a Colts Horseshoe this Sunday! Kendall & I dressed in blue & white (and as you can see, she wore a little pink as well ... this girl doesn't really own any blue, so her overalls with pink stitching were the best thing I could find for the occasion!) These really aren't the best pictures, but they are the only ones we were able to take before our camera battery died, so they'll have to do!




The Colts played the Saints ... it's the first time the Saints have ever been to the Super Bowl in their 42 years of history ... amazing! And they had an unbelievable season this year ... both teams definitely deserved to be at the Super Bowl and win, too. And what a story both Drew Brees and the Saints have ... I love hearing all the stories and interviews and Drew sharing his faith!

We watched ... cheered ... grimaced at times ... and the Super Bowl ended ... the Saints are the champions ... 31 - 17 ... the Colts were down in the 4th quarter and just couldn't make a come back this time ... poor Peyton.

Congratulations, Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment