The Rogers Family

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Overnight, all by myself ...

Friday night was "Girls Night In" ... Mommy & Kendall's first night alone ... just us two girls!

Friday Ashley left for his office at 6:30am, came back home around 4pm to pack a few things & see Kendall & I for a little bit and then, headed out to his Men's Retreat for the night and 1/2 day on Saturday. (He'll be home around 1pm on Saturday.)

Now, I'll be the first one to admit, and if you know me well you already know this, I was very nervous about being alone all night ...

The Men's Retreat is an annual event, that Ashley usually attends, and they've been advertising about it for over a month now ... I'm even the one who kept reminding him to get signed up, so please note that I am very happy for him to go to the retreat. However ... I never sleep well when Ashley is not here ... I usually have a very difficult time actually falling asleep (which is very abnormal for me) ... then I usually wake up every hour, worried I've heard something, or now with Kendall, wanting to make sure that she's okay still ... I don't know, all I can say is that I'm a wimp when it comes to being all alone late at night, for very long!

(The only other time Ashley has not been here overnight was his 4 day business trip to Boston back in October ... and my old college friend and roommate, Christi, came to stay with Kendall & I ... she was really sweet to sleep over here & get up each morning to go to work and then come back over here each evening/night to keep me company ... all so I wouldn't have to be alone all those days!)

But, this time, I decided that with Kendall being 9 months old, I should be "Mommy-enough" to handle 1 overnight experience alone!

And, we made it through just fine ... I didn't sleep very well ... kept waking up just to make sure everything was still okay, but of course, it was. Sweet Kendall was perfect! She stayed on her normal schedule ... slept from 8p-10p (we have to wake her up between 9-10p each night) for her final 5th feeding (so she can make it through the night, since she's still so small) ... she gulped it down and fell asleep on my shoulder (soooo sweet!) ... and she didn't wake up again until 8am on Saturday! (I know I am soooo spoiled to have a baby that sleeps so well at night - and still has 3 or 4 (little) naps during the day!)

1 comment: