The Rogers Family

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Praying for sweet Baby Cox!

We have another HUGE prayer request that I wanted to pass along and ask you to join us in prayer ... and this one hits soooo close to home for us ...

Early morning Wednesday, Feb 17th, Rod & Kamara (Tate) Cox delivered their sweet baby girl at 24 weeks! She (who is to be named soon, they've said) is doing good ... as well as can be expected as a 24 weeker. She weighed 1 lb 10 oz at birth! At 24 weeks, their doctors have told them she's got a 50% chance of survival ... she has made it through the first few crucial days of her life like a champ ... apparently, she's quite a fighter ... the way they are describing her in their blog, it reminds me a lot of how Kendall was ... which is what you want!

My heart ACHES for them ... I am still crying with overwhelming emotions for them ... as I know exactly what it feels like to have a sweet baby girl at 29 weeks (with a 90% chance of survival) ... and that is nothing, compared to having a 24 weeker. God has awoken me from my sleep at 3am this morning and my heart is soooo heavy for them (as it has been since I found out the news last night around 7pm)! I was laying in bed just thinking about them and praying for them and have really felt nudged to email them ... to offer them any encouragement from our similar situation that God has brought us through ... so, it's now nearly 6am ... I've written & sent an email to Kamara's twin sister & husband (Tami & Zach Pruett ... I've known Zach since high school, through his sister, Lauren, one of my best friends. Tami & Kamara also went to ACU when we were there. Tami listed her email on their blog as a contact.) ... I'm praying that it will be of some encouragement to them as I shared a small bit about our sweet Kendall! I know that hearing from other families who had extremely premature babies was encouraging to us ... some days it was what got me through a rough day that we were having ... that and knowing that hundreds, thousands of people (people we knew very well and people we didn't know at all, who lived in different cities, states, and even countries!) were praying for our sweet Kendall and for us ... and that God was in control and that God was taking care of everything, no matter what!

So, please pray, pray, pray for this sweet family ... for Kamara & Rod, Aubrey (their 20 month old daughter) and their new precious baby girl! According to their blog, they've already gotten to touch her during the touch times, so that is awesome! (When all you want to do is actually be able to be a mommy to your precious baby girl who is lying in the incubator ... actually getting to put your finger inside Kendall's incubator to finally at least touch her tiny little hand is something that I count as one of the best things I've ever experienced! That and, getting to change her diaper, take her temperature, HOLD her in my arms, feed her a bottle, nurse her, see her entire face without a tube, tape, or anything else on her precious face, put her in clothing, put a big bow on her sweet head ... and the list goes on and on and on ... trust me!)

They have a long road ahead of them ... probably about 6 more weeks than Kendall's 8 weeks that we experienced, so please continue to pray for them!

Thank you for joining us in praying for them!
To God be the Glory ... Great things He has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment