The Rogers Family

Saturday, April 3, 2010

the Eggstravaganza & Birthday dinner

We spent the weekend in Abilene to celebrate birthdays & Easter with my family ... we did some room decorating, did some shopping, did some talking, laughing, playing & cake-eating, did some picture posing & picture taking, and did some egg hunting at our very first Eggstravaganza ... what a weekend!

We drove into Abilene on Friday night and spent the night at my parents' ... Grams and Pops (and Jake the dog) were all very excited to see us (and especially Kendall, of course)! We had a full day on Saturday ... we spent most of the day at my sister & brother-in-law's, Aunt Rach & Uncle Mike and my adorable 2 1/2 year old nephew, Mason. Rae & I worked on decorating Mason's new big boy room, putting up all of his new decor (and it is so cute!) and took care of our little ones, while Ash helped Michael build some shelving in Mason's closet (and they did a great job)!

After lunch, we went to our first Eggstravaganza! Southern Hills church (where my family goes) puts on this huge egg hunt for all the church and community ... literally hundreds of people and thousands of eggs ... and it was crazy and windy! But we saw a ton of people that we got to visit with and had a great time with our kids hunting for (or maybe I should say ... gathering & eating) eggs.

my little family ... about to hunt eggs for the first time ... get the camera & video camera ready!
Kendall getting her first look at her first egg ... she ended up getting the 3 eggs you see here ... Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Mike & Aunt Rach all took turns guarding them from other excited would-be egg hunters, as it did take quite a while to pick up these 3 eggs ... ha! Quality over Quantity, this year, folks!
Daddy & Kendall egg hunting ... and she definitely enjoyed her eggs this year ... seems like she couldn't get them in her mouth fast enough!

Mason & Uncle Mike hunting eggs ... Mason was also interested in the Quality over the Quantity of eggs this year, although he did manage to get a few more than Kendall ... he was really more interested in what was inside each egg!




My sweetie-pie & her little lamb basket ... that she was quite taken with ... did I mention it was a bit windy out there?!?!

my little family ... oh, how I love you two!

(This picture is for Kendall's Huni ... who adores Kendall's hands and the way she places them!)




Well, I think the look on her face says it all ... no more pictures, let's go!

So, we left ... went back to Rae's so they could take a nap ... Mom met up with us girls (including Kendall, who decided a nap would not be worth missing out on some girl-bonding time) so we could go out for a shopping trip! Rae took us to a baby & kids boutique store called Kid's Village ... the entire store is sooooo cute ... I could spend a lot of money in that store, but I didn't (don't worry, Ash)! Rae registered there for her baby shower for baby boy Perkins (who's name was announced that evening ... yippeeee!), so I purchased the gifts for her shower which is in one week ... nothing will be a surprise to her, but E & I really wanted to get her what she really wanted/needed!

We had a (belated) birthday dinner for Rae & Ashley ... good spaghetti, homemade bread, salad, and german chocolate cake for dessert (per Rae's birthday request and all of our enjoyment!) Rae's birthday was Feb 8 and Ash's was March 24 ... Happy Birthday!


sweet family of (almost) 4 ... Rae, Mason & Michael ... and the name of "baby brother" was announced after dinner ... after much debate and deliberation, the name is ... Tucker Alan ... woo hoo! (Tucker is a name they liked and Alan is my dad's middle name.) Tucker is due at the end of May and I can't wait to meet him and hold him ... he and Kendall will be a year apart!

Mason enjoying his cake and ice cream!

MawMaw and Kendall

By the way ... Kendall's darling little outfit (size 3-6 months) is courtesy of Meagan Belk, the youngest daughter of Meredith, Ashley's cousin (Uncle Mike & Aunt Judie Reed's youngest daughter) ... a couple of weeks ago UPS delivered 2 boxes of Meagan's cute & adorable clothes that she's outgrown ... It was such a surprise to get these boxes and I was soooo excited and LOVED opening the boxes and going through everything! (Can I also add here that it was PERFECT timing ... Kendall had really outgrown her wardrobe and I was going to JBF the NEXT DAY to purchase the next size ... because of Meredith, I did not have to buy near as many outfits!) Nearly everything Meredith sent us fits or will fit Kendall in the near future ... so stay tuned for so many more darling outfits! Meredith also wrote us that their oldest daughter, Micah, who is now 10 years old, has been praying for Kendall every day ... since she was born ... and that she still prays for her ... that is one of the sweetest things and it made me cry reading and thinking about it! I am sooo thankful for all the prayers that are said on Kendall's behalf! I know that we will never know of everyone who prayed for her or is praying for her (well, that is until we all get to Heaven!) ... but it is always such an encouragement to hear about it! (Kendall's bow was a gift from Aunt Rach when Kendall was born ... I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for Kendall's head to be big enough to finally wear it! I added the pink bow onto it ... the bigger the better ... this is Texas after all ... ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment