The Rogers Family

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Behold ... the CRAWLer

Way to Go, Kendall Grace ... she is now officially crawling as of Sunday afternoon ... and we are so proud of her ... and she seems pretty happy about it, too!

We've been working really hard on this (all 3 of us!) ... doing all the exercises her physical & occupational therapists had given us nearly 3 months ago at her 6 month observation session ... she seemed to be so close to just takin' off with crawling for the past 2 weeks, gaining more confidence, stability & strength each day, but today, she did it ... all on her own ... and she is so happy with herself! Daddy was with her (I was in the office working on a posting for our blog) and he yelled for me to come in the living room ... she was doing 4 crawls in a row. Then, she did 4 more (which I missed seeing again as I was back in the office at the time ... she hadn't done anymore while I was in the room with her). I arrived just in time to see her doing 6 and had the video camera & camera with me this time! And then she just continued on ... going after anything we put out in front of her. (I actually thought I had seen her (out of the corner of my eye) do 3 crawls consecutively on Friday afternoon ... but I couldn't get her to do it (again), so I was not sure if she'd done it or not.) But, it's official now. (I need Ashley's help with the video part, so I'll have to post the video a little later.)

Here she is ... a few pictures of her first few crawls ... She set her sights on her animal puzzle on the other side of her blanket ... and took off to get it! (She will also kick it into high gear crawling for the remote control and an iPhone ... oh dear!) I just LOVE to see her little body crawling ... it's soooo cute, with her little legs and booty ... Little Miss cutie-patootie!





Go Kendall Go! At least, this is what we were chanting as she took her first few crawls! I'm not sure if that will continue to be my chant come tomorrow ... I think my stay-at-home Mommy position will never be the same after tonight ... and I'm a little scared ... ha!

On Friday, Kendall has her "9 month therapy observation session" ... one of her goals is to be crawling (or very, very near crawling), so I'm thrilled that she's accomplished that goal! As of today, she is an adjusted age of 9 months and 5 days old.

1 comment: