The Rogers Family

Monday, April 12, 2010

Baby Shower for Tucker

On Sunday, Christi & I made a day trip into Abilene for my sister's baby shower for baby Tucker Alan! (I left Ashley & Kendall behind this trip ... we had just been to Abilene the weekend before for Easter (and will be back in 2 more weeks for Kendall's 1st birthday) and we really have a lot of projects we are trying to get accomplished before we are busy every weekend in May ... plus, that's 6 hours in the car for Kendall to just come & go right back, so Ashley & Kendall had a day together ... which they both very much enjoyed! I asked Christi if she'd like to keep me company and she said "Road Trip! I'm in!" I enjoyed my little break away, but I was soooo excited about getting back to them.) She and I were best of friends (in college & still now) and were also college roommates ... but lately we've not had much opportunity to spend any girl time together, so this Sunday was perfect (and quite entertaining)! We had such a great time, but did not get one picture of us!


My beautiful sister ... she's beautiful on the inside & out ... and I cannot wait to meet my newest sweet nephew ... in a few more weeks!

MawMaw and Mom with Rae

Sisters ... our other sister, Estee, could not be there (she lives in Florida) ... but she's coming to visit in May once Tucker is born ... which is even better!

Rachel with her sister-in-law, Kelly Perkins (who hosted the shower at her home) and her sweet, sweet mother-in-law, Lois

Rachel with her hostesses

opening presents ... she got sooo many cute things for baby Tucker ... including this adorable onesie with his initial on it (from her SiL Kelly) ... from Abilene's baby boutique "Kid's Village" (I love that store!)



it is tradition in our family that MawMaw gives us the baby (and wedding) books (we pick out what we want, but it's from her) ... for each of us, on each occasion, which is a great gift that will stay with us always.

Rae (and Mason) with the gifts that us & E gave her ... the car seat toy bar, a shopping cart/restaurant high chair cover, embellished airplane burp cloths & a taggie-football toy ... and waiting to arrive: Tucker's very own "bity baby blankie". Kendall also gave Tucker a few of her favorite things ... 2 of her favorite baby toys (in the boy version, of course) & some bibs.


We had a great time in Abilene getting to visit with everyone and see the (nearly) finished new nursery & newly completed big boy room for Mason. And I really enjoyed our girl time driving to and from Abilene ... all that talking sure made the driving fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment