The Rogers Family

Thursday, May 27, 2010

1st swim time & more weekend fun

We had a fun weekend with my sister, Estee "Auntie E" coming to visit us and my parents "Grams & Pops" ... we had Kendall's birthday party, did some swimming, got pedicures & spent some time together ... we missed having my other sister Rachel & her family here, but they were busy enjoying their precious new baby Tucker, who's now 1 week old!

Here are some snapshots of our time together on Sunday (after we recovered from Kendall's birthday bash on Saturday) ...

Cassie and her beloved red Frisbee ...
swimming & retrieving her Frisbee are 2 of her favorite things!
Jake (my parents' Chesapeake Bay Retriever) ...
about to jump in for his favorite item ... his ball!
Jake LOVES to swim!
Kendall not so happy at being splashed in the face by those dogs!

So, we decided it was our turn to enjoy the pool & we fenced the dogs out ... the water was cold so we just put our feet in ... but Kendall enjoyed swimming in her little pool very much!  This was her 1st time swimming ... I guess, if you can really call it that ... she was in her little blow-up baby pool with water that was more like warm-bath water (instead of the cold pool water), but she was outside, very near our pool, wearing her darling little swim suit (that she received as a birthday present), playing & splashing in her little pool ... our Little Miss Birthday Girl was too busy at her party to change into her swim suit, much less go swimming, so Sunday was her 1st time out ... and she was all smiles!





 




Cassie fenced out of the pool ... I'm lovin' our new fence!

During Kendall's afternoon nap, my mom, sister & I went out for pedicures ... and it was wonderful!  We came back to pick up Kendall & the guys for dinner at Mercado Juarez ... yummy!  Just before Grams & Pops (and Jake) had to drive back to Abilene, we connected with Rachel & fam via Skype while they were "rooming in" at the hospital with baby Tucker ... going home on Monday! 

Mom getting her pedicure ... it was E's Mother's Day gift to her
E enjoying her pedicure
my pedicure ... I wish my feet felt this pampered every day!
our new & rejuvenated feet

my parents ... Grams & Pops and Jake the dog

Monday afternoon, Kendall & I dropped my sister off at the airport so she could fly back home to Florida ... but she'll be back on Friday night for Memorial Day weekend with us in Abilene!  Thanks, Auntie E for coming to visit us for the weekend & all your work in making Kendall's 1st birthday party so memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment