The Rogers Family

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Meet the Teacher - 2's class Edition

Yesterday was Kendall's and my Meet the Teacher event at our new preschool for the new school year!

{Side Note ... about our new preschool:  Kendall & I will be at a different school this year.  It's a bitter sweet decision for us, but it is definitely the right decision for our family, as God moved us very quickly in this direction.  A couple of weeks ago, I found out that I would be teaching a combined 2's/3's class at our old school, due to a low enrollment ... which would put Kendall as a student in my class.  Since one of the major reasons of Kendall going to preschool is to be taught by someone else (since I'm at home with her, teaching her the other days), this was a big issue for us.  We also didn't want to withhold her from being in a class on her own and missing out on that.  I had just heard from a friend the day before how her kids loved this particular preschool, which happened to be just a few blocks away from us.  I immediately called Ash at work and told them the news about our school.  Before mentioning this other school I was thinking of, he said I should call them (that same school).  I looked up the websites of 2 well-known Christian preschools in our area to check them out ... then made phone calls.  I called our new school first, the one both Ash & I had mentioned.  I had to leave a message at both schools, so we had to wait, and we prayed about it. 

The Director (of the 1st school) called me back the next day.  It "just so happened" that they had 1 spot open in the 2's class ... so we got Kendall enrolled there.  I was really excited about that ... at least I had a great place for her!  I was still debating over whether I should try to teach again this year, or just fill in as a sub, but I did ask if they happened to have any teaching/staff positions available, this late in the summer (just knowing that there was no way that they would) ... and she said yes, she had 1, actually!  I interviewed & toured the school on Thursday and found out Friday evening that I got the teaching job.  It was whirlwind of a week, but we know this was the best move for our family, at this time.  There are several positives about this school, and even more that we are finding out about now.  We are so thankful that God moved us to our new school, had everything worked out for us, just in the right time ... He is God, that loves you so much, that He takes care of where a sweet little 2 year old girl will go to preschool 2 days a week!  Little things ... Big things ... He takes care of it all!}

Kendall is in the "young 2's class" this year.  (We love that there are at least 2 classes of each age-level at this school ... this is really good for me as a teacher, so that whatever age I'm teaching or if I happen to teach her age next year, she will be able to be in a separate class.)  She has 2 super-sweet teachers ... Mrs. Joe and Mrs. Amber.  (I happen to teach next door to them, with a bathroom separating our rooms.)  They are both really fun & love kids ... and have been at this school for a while.  I'm counting on Kendall to have a GREAT year!

 


Our school's theme this year is "We are going BUGGY for Jesus!" ... so most of the classrooms are decorated in butterflies, bugs, dragonflies, caterpillars, bees, lady bugs.  Kendall's classroom is so cute & creative ... including the huge 3D tree & clouds on one wall and the multi-colored ball caterpillar hanging from the ceiling.



 

 

 

 

Kendall hung out in her new classroom during Meet the Teacher so that I could have a chance to meet all of my new little students & their parents.  She is very excited about starting school and making new friends and taking her new backpack, lunch box and special nap mat ("that Grams fixed") with her!  This 2 year old is ready for school!  Excuse me, when did you get to be such a big girl?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment