The Rogers Family

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our time with Huni & GranGran

We got to see Huni and GranGran briefly on Saturday night when we met them at the airport once they flew in from the Ukraine. After speaking at the missions conference they were a part of, they came over to our house to spend a few days with us before flying back to the Ukraine ... a very fast trip to Texas and back, but we are happy to have them here!

Monday ... we spent the day playing with Kendall & running errands ... and then they treated us to dinner ... at SaltGrass Steakhouse ... and we loved it (Kendall did pretty good during dinner ... really this was the first time she's been a bit fussy during a meal out ... she finally decided she was too tried to stay awake and eventually fell asleep in my arms ... I know we probably don't have that many more days that she'll do that, so I always try to enjoy it ... at home, we just lay her in her crib awake & she falls asleep on her own ... so being able to rock her & put her to sleep is a special time for me ... and she is just so sweet sleeping (and all the other times when she's not sleeping, too)!) This was also the first time that we feed her food while we were out ... it's just worked out before that we are always at home during those food feedings ... until Monday ... she did great eating her applesauce ... I think we can safely say that it's her favorite food right now!


Tuesday ... GranGran took some Kendall-duty (during nap time) so Huni and I could go enjoy manicures and pedicures ... and boy, did we ever enjoy them ... and Kendall enjoyed her time with her GranGran ... she even woke up a little early so she could play with him! We had dinner and watched American Idol ... one of our favorite shows ... although, this year, there isn't anyone who we are just loving so far in the competition ... but after watching the girls Tuesday night, we definitely had the 2 girls that we were ready to have off the show ... but we'd have to wait until Thursday night to find out which 2 girls and which 2 guys would actually be going off the show.


playing with Huni and GranGran
happy girl with cute little teeth and a mess of hair!


Wednesday ... we ran more errands (Walmart and Sam's) & got all the items they needed to take back with them to the Ukraine ... there are so many things that I just take for granted that we have easy access to living here in America! They packed, packed, packed & we all watched America Idol (the guys part) and web-conferenced our nieces & nephews via the PS3.

Thursday ... we had to say good-bye to Huni and GranGran ... Kendall & I took them to the airport in the morning so they could fly back to the Ukraine and get back to the mission work that they love so much! We had a great time with them visiting us and I know Kendall loved getting to see them again too! The next time we will see them is this summer, when we take Kendall's first family vacation ... to beautiful British Columbia ... to Vancouver ... home of these past 2010 Winter Olympic games (and Ashley's hometown)!






After we dropped off Huni & GranGran, Daddy called us to ask if we wanted to meet him for lunch ... just a little lunch date ... of course, we said yes! Then Kendall & I had a day of running errands ... doing a little recon work for her upcoming 1st birthday party bash ... yes, I realize it is only March and her birthday is May 1st (and we aren't even having her actual party until May 22nd), but I'm a planner ... there are sooooo many stores and websites that have soooo many options & ideas & then I think I kinda know what I'd like for her party so I'm looking for that as well ... and I really don't want to be running around last minute still trying to get everything put together ... it's a lot harder to do that with a baby! To be totally transparent here, there are MANY things that I have thought about/dreamed of/envisioned for years ... I'm kinda weird that way ... not sure if it's just because I'm a girl, or because it's my personality & being a planner, or maybe because we had Kendall after 8 years of marriage (and I've had a few more years to think about things like this) ... or maybe it's just normal of a mom to do this?!?! One of the many things that I thought about before & while I was pregnant with Kendall was all her firsts' ... and her first birthday is one of those big ones! It was also a very positive thing for me to be able to think about when I had to deliver Kendall at 29 weeks ... loving her by only being able to look at her tiny 2 lb 6 oz precious body from her incubator and longing to hold her ... just touch her ... just be with her in a normal situation without all the wires & monitors and everyone all around ... and being in the NICU for 8 weeks ... and just trying to think about our future with her and what things would be like once we got home all together and where we'd be & how far away we'd be from this situation in 1 year from then, in 2 years from then, in 5 years from then and so on. Sometimes that time in our life feels like a million years ago and other times it feels like it just happened.
Anyway, all that to say, the planning preparations of sweet Kendall's 1st birthday bash has definitely begun ... I'm sure I'll be sharing a bit of it here and there as decisions are made ... so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment