The Rogers Family

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Girls Only Spring Break

For Spring Break, we had a little Girls Only trip ... well, not really a "trip" for me, as Kendall & I (and Ashley ... smile) hosted my 3 best girlfriends from "high school-college-and beyond" for a little Girls Only time.

Two times a year, Naomi, Lauren & I (and Amy, when she's not being a medical missionary in Paraguay) get together for a few days ... one time a year, it's just us 3 (or 4) girls and the other time it's with all the kidos, too. Amy (& her family) are here in the US for a year-long furlough (which is nearly over now ... sad), and we've really been trying to get together a bit more this year, taking advantage of getting to see her (as it has been 4 years since they've been home and it could be up to 4 more years until they come back)!

We spent Wednesday - Saturday together ... just hanging out, staying up each night entirely too late, laughing hysterically, shopping, shopping, & more shopping, and picking up right where we had left off the last time we'd gotten together! (Ashley was as sweet as he always is and took care of Kendall for me once he got home from work each day!)

Friday night ... the 4 of us girls spent the night in Frisco ... ate dinner at Buca di Beppo's (my first time there ... very good food) and had some great shopping time on Saturday at the Allen Outlets, while Kendall had some quality Daddy-time! This was my second time to ever leave Kendall for a night ... I missed her like crazy, but I had a fun time with the girls ... and was so happy to see her sweet smiling face Saturday evening! (I know she had a fun time with Daddy while I was gone for 24 hours, but she was happy to see me again too ... like she is to Ashley, when he comes back home from work each day ... that just melts your heart!)

We only took these pictures of our time together ...

at my house ... Naomi, Lauren, Amy & me



at Buca di Beppo's ... Lauren, Naomi, me and Amy (and baby McKissick)

Gotta love Spring Break ... especially when the weather is in the 70's one day and SNOWing the next! What? Yes, you are reading correctly ... we actually had snow falling at our house today ... now that's the way to end Spring Break! Happy Spring ... I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment