The Rogers Family

Monday, December 19, 2011

our Christmas Card 2011

I am soooo behind on posting plenty of events & things for ... well, since September when preschool started up for us, I suppose.  I will be doing some of my famous "back-blogging" soon, so beware!  I've gotten several "mean calls" and reminders that I'm waaaaay behind on our blog ... and I'm going to be catching up soon!


In the meantime ... and the real reason for this particular post ... we have a finished Christmas card for 2011 ... woohoo!  This is really thanks mainly to, {and despite that I am NOT her easiest client, so I've heard ... from her, nonetheless ... ha!} my sister, Estee ... aka Auntie E ... who has spent just a few hours on her own working on this card ... then {maybe} a few more hours on skype with me also working on it.  {She told she was done with it, whether I thought it was done or not!  So I guess it's done ... And I do like how it turned out!} The pictures on the card are all of her photography handiwork as well ... we're happy that our Little Miss was happy to participate an impromptu photo shoot with Auntie E ... and the mere outtakes alone from Little Miss deserve it's own post, so that is soon to come!  She is a 2 year old with many faces that is for sure!


I LOOOOOOVE getting Christmas cards in the mail ... I mean LOOOOOOVE it!  I LOVE going to the mailbox each and every day after Thanksgiving - New Year's-ish to look to see what came in ... (and this year Kendall started to get that "lovin' feeling" too ... it was a fun activity each day to watch our mailman arrive with our mail!) ... and then opening up each one & admiring their card and saving them and seeing how each family changes year after year ... I simply LOVE IT!  It is one of my most favorite things and traditions on my VERY long list of favorites about Christmas.  This year we have hung up all of the cards along our built-in bookshelves in our living room ... I've enjoyed seeing them hanging up there.  {I heard of a fun new (to me) way to display the cards that we might try out next year ... hanging them as ornaments on a tree, so you'd just have a small tree of card ornaments.  The one I'd seen looked really cute, so that might be a little decorative addition that we add to our home next year ... we'll see!}


Since the cards are finally created, printed, stuffed, labeled and mailed out ...
for record-keeping sake, here is our family Christmas Card for 2011 ...


We wish you the wonderful JOY of the season and God's continuous BLESSINGS in 2012! 
Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment