The Rogers Family

Monday, January 25, 2010

Feet, Toes and Sweet Potatoes ...

Several weeks ago Kendall found her feet ... which I keep covered with socks as her feet are always a bit chilly ... but for these past several weeks, I can't keep socks on her feet for more than 3 seconds before they are in her mouth, soaking wet with her slobber and drool, and we're off to get another clean & dry pair! But this past week, I actually found her sucking on her toes ... I'm not sure if this was her first successful toe-sucking event, or possibly just the first time I'd actually seen it ... but there she was, so happy with herself and apparently enjoying the taste of her yummy toes! (Just a side note, but I am constantly amazed at her (and all babies') flexibility!) So yay, Kendall ... for yet, one more part of your development being met ... good job, girlie!

Kendall and her feet ...




This weekend we started trying Sweet Potatoes ... so far, so good ... she is still eating a tiny amount (about a teaspoon) once a day, but we have now moved to feeding foods twice a day to help increase her a bit ... so we'll see how that goes. Now I know you won't believe me when I say this, as you know that I don't cook, but I've decided to make Kendall's baby food (as least for the most part, as least for now) ... I'm just going to try it out to see how it goes for a while. We'll still use commercial baby food as well, but I'm going to try the homemade stuff as the majority of it ... ok, you can pick your chins up off the ground and start to recover from the shock of reading this now ... ha! Over the weekend, I made her the sweet potatoes, green beans, and peas ... and are in the freezer in ice tray cube shapes, just ready to go when she is! And I've got squash to make next, once we've finished our 5 trial days of sweet potatoes, to make sure she's not allergic. So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment