The Rogers Family

Friday, June 18, 2010

a new Hairdo & her "Doe"

So it was time ... time for me to do something with Kendall's hair ... don't get me wrong, here ... I LOVE Kendall's hair ... 1st, I love that she even has hair!  She had quite a bit of hair when she was born, but within a few weeks after being home, it fell out ... and for several months she stayed pretty bald ... and then she started growing some hair ... and it's grown in cute & curly ... and is still growing!  2nd, I love that her hair is curly ... although it truly puzzles me how to keep it from not looking "messy" all the time!  Since this girl will not keep a bow or flower in her hair for more than a few seconds and her hair/bangs are constantly in her face (driving me crazy ... and you'd think it would drive her crazy, too, but she doesn't seem to care!) ... it was time to do something.  I really didn't want to get her bangs cut yet, so this is our solution ... Kendall's new hairdo!  (This was the 1st time I'd ever fixed it this way, so as the week's gone by, I've gotten better at managing her moving little head!)  It's definitely a new look for our Little Miss ... I think it makes her look "older" (which I'm not so thrilled about as I'm still having a hard time saying that I have a 1 year old!) ... but, at least all her hair is out of her face (which I do LOVE)!  So, we're trying this out for a while ... eventually, as it gets longer, I'd like to pull it over to the side more ... but at least it's out of her face now!



This girl LOVES this dog ... truly, the feeling is mutual!  I know Kendall's Huni will HATE to read this part of this post & see the following pictures, but now that Huni has witnessed it with her own eyes while they were here visiting, as much as she hates it & can't understand it, even she knows it's true!  (Sorry, Huni!)  So, this week, Kendall started petting Cassie softly ... we call it "soft touches" ... and have been working on this with Kendall for months now.  She loves to touch Cassie's fur ... crawl over Cassie while she's lying down, grab her big soft ears, or her huge pointed teeth, or poke her eyes & nose ... really whatever interests Kendall at the time, she goes for it!  Obviously, we are working with her on being sweet to Cassie and petting her softly ... and this week, all of her own, she did it ... over and over and over again.  The first time, she had crawled over to Cassie, who was lying down very near her ... Kendall got up on her knees (using Cassie as support) and began petting her ever so softly ... then she looked over at me ... and I clapped & cheered for her (we clap and cheer a lot around here!) ... I just love it when Kendall shows us that she "gets it"!  This activity has continued several times a day, each day since ... Kendall either sits next to her, or sits up on her knees, or stands up next to her ... it's so sweet!  So, here are a few (totally un-staged, I promise!) pictures of our girl lovin' our dog ... or as Kendall says "doe!" ...


Stuck inside after Daddy went into the backyard to work on the pool, both Kendall & Cassie got over to the back door as quickly as possible ... to wait for his return! As he made his way back and forth behind the fence to the pool equipment and to the pool, Kendall let out a squeal of delight when she could see him ... she LOVES her Daddy!



No pictures of this, but for our records, I want to remember that this week Kendall has made some additional progress in the "walking" area ... she's taken 2 or 3 steps all on her own several times throughout each day and cruises or crawls the majority of the time.  She's getting braver & more confident each day as she gains more stability & balance.  She's walking with our fingers holding her hands very quickly now ... and has been walking holding onto one hand ... she loves walking around! 
Happy weekend ... better yet, Happy Father's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment