The Rogers Family

Saturday, November 28, 2009

happy thanksgiving!

We spent Thanksgiving at my parents' in Abilene!

Our Thanksgiving week began with my sister, Estee and Taris driving in from Florida and staying with us the weekend before ... the boys enjoyed HOURS of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (that's a video game, in case you don't know), while us girls hung out and wrapped Christmas gifts (I know it's a little early but all of Ashley's family lives far away so we ship everything to them, so I try to get all the shopping and wrapping done in pleny of time.)

We arrived in Abilene on Tuesday morning and enjoyed lunch at Harold's ... ohhhh, Harold's, how we've missed your amazing BBQ! Then it was time for my family to get ourselves ready to meet Tammy Marcelain (an AMAZING photographer) so she could take some family pictures. We've known Tammy for many, many years (before she was married, had kids and became a photographer!) and she does awesome work ... check out her blog: http://marcelainphotography.blogspot.com/ . (I'll post some of the pictures she took in a separate posting, when we get them ... so stay tuned.)

We spent Wednesday at MawMaw's house making all the pies for Thanksgiving and taking turns being on Kendall and Mason duty.

sweet Kendall helpin' out with the pie-makin' ... well, in between her feedings and naps every 3 hours, that is!


My Mom and I making the pumpkin pie


MawMaw making her famous pie crust ... from scratch, every year, every pie ... no store bought stuff here, folks!


Auntie E and Kendall ... Miss serious ... pie-makin' is serious business!


my cutie-patootie nephew ... Mason is sooo much fun and has quite a personality ... and he LOVES baby Kendall (or as he says "boby kennel") ... I know they will be great friends!


Thanksgiving day at MawMaw's house ... we had a full house and had lots of fun visiting and laughing and telling old stories on each other!

the whole family at MawMaw's house ... we missed Michael (my brother-in-law) ... he was away on a business trip.


our little family ... Kendall's first thanksgiving (and second outfit of the day) ... happy thanksgiving!


Pops and Grams


Uncle T and Auntie E


Aunt Rach and Mason ... and baby #2 (I can't wait for Rae to find out if it's a boy or a girl ...)


MawMaw ... thanks for hosting Thanksgiving at your house again this year!


the Whitt family ... cousin Curtis, cousin Kayla, Aunt Nita and Uncle Todd


Aunt Rach and Kendall


our sweet Kendall hanging out on her play mat ... her favorite toy at the moment, well, besides eating her hands, that is.


Pops lovin' on Kendall


my youngest sister, Rachel and me


MawMaw rocking Kendall



I know there are LOTS of pictures on this posting, but we took so many pictures on E's fancy pants camera (and I had to try out her camera too).

Oh, there is soooo much to be thankful for this year, as God has blessed our life more than we could have ever imagined by giving us Kendall ... and growing her little 2 lb 6 oz body outside of me when I could not carry her anymore at 29 weeks ... and continuing to grow and develop her to the 12 lb, 7month old sweet baby girl that she is! To God be the glory - Great things He has done! (One of my most favorite songs from my childhood)

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment