The Rogers Family

Friday, July 1, 2011

I swimmin'

Kendall is officially a little fish! She loooooooves swimming, which is good, since we like to be in the pool all summer!

She's "I fast" or "I running" or "I tired" or "I hungry" or "I tall" ... it's always "I something (fill in the blank)" ... and these past 2 weeks, it's been " I swimmin' swimmin' swimmin' ".  Her swimming lessons at Chisholm Park have gone great ... today was our final, 10th, lesson ... and it was "show-off day". I took some pictures but we also had our video camera so lots of our time is on that ... including her jumping off the big diving board and going down the big white slide with her swim instructor, Rachel ... and lovin' every minute of it!  She loves to jump off the side of the pool ... she's great with splashing & being splashed ... holds her breath when dunked under water & is fine with going under water (thankfully!) ... loves to kick her legs & scoop her hands ... and has also learned how to blow bubbles with her mouth.  She is very comfortable in and around the pool and loves swimmin' with us.  These 2 weeks were a good intro class for her (and us) and she got a swimming certificate of completion for her scrapbook.  WooHoo, Kendall!

Kendall with her swim instructor, Rachel



















I will try to get some video of her jumping off the diving board and sliding down the big white slide ... Daddy will have to help me with that ... so stay tuned for more water fun!

AND  Today is July 1st ... so, Happy Canada Day ... to our nieces & nephews, Kendall's aunts & uncles and our friends in Vancouver!

No comments:

Post a Comment